We believe trails are a valuable community resource that provide health enhancing recreational benefits for area residents and other trail visitors. Further, we believe trails have the potential to impact environmental and economic quality by:
- Fostering a sense of stewardship among trail developers and visitors
- Helping visitors understand the intrinsic and extrinsic value of open space
- Supporting established and new local businesses
- Creating opportunities to initiate ecosystem restoration
- Providing ecotourism opportunities
The Salem Area Trail Alliance (SATA) is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Working with public and private partners to develop and sustain connected trails that provide access to recreation and promote economic opportunity in the Salem, Oregon area.
Board of Directors
- Jeff McNamee, President
- Ellen Miller, Secretary
- Don Hutchison, Treasurer
- Mike Peterson
- Kurt Haas
- Beth Dayton
- Michael Lindley